5 Hacks to Create Better Instagram Stories
Who loves Instagram Stories as much as I do? I have so much fun using the different text options, graphics and colors to create the perfect story.
I’m not the only one who loves a good Insta Story. Since they debuted in 2016, use of Instagram Stories has exploded, with 300 million daily users as of November 2017. Like with Snapchat, Instagram Stories only last 24 hours, so you gotta catch ‘em before they’re gone forever.
When Instagram launched the Stories option, millions of people were already using the platform to share photos and video, and many naturally started using Stories to share more instant updates. Personally, I use Instagram Stories almost exclusively and rarely even use Snapchat anymore, just because it’s convenient and I’m already on Instagram checking my ‘grams.
Companies and brands are embracing Instagram Stories, too—in fact, they are one of the best ways to get organic visibility and engagement, which can be hard to come by as algorithms have changed, evolved and become more pay-to-play. Stories allow for an inside look into what’s happening behind the scenes and let brands show off their personalities. It’s like speed dating—you have 10-15 seconds to show what you’re all about.
To really make Insta stories stand out, sometimes it takes getting a little extra creative. Here are five hacks for taking Instagram Stories one step further:
1. Tag others in the story
Make friends, brands or companies part of the story! Mention another Instagram user in your story by simply putting the “@” symbol before the account’s username. Anyone tagged in a story will get a direct message saying they were tagged—with the option to add the story they were tagged in to their own story! Share the love.
2. Mix up the color palette
No need to work within the 27 default colors Instagram provides—there’s a whole rainbow out there!
- Tap the pen icon or the “Aa” icon in the upper right corner of the screen
- Tap and long-hold any of the default color options at the bottom to open a color slider
- Choose a new color!
3. Create a solid color background
Want to get a message across without sharing a photo or video? It’s easy to create a solid color background.
- Hit the pen icon in the upper right corner of the screen
- Select the color you want to use as the background
- Tap and hold on the screen for a few seconds until the screen is filled with a solid color
4. Get giphy with it
Get more animated with your story using Giphy stickers.
- Tap on the sticker icon at the top right of the screen
- Select GIF
- Get giphy
5. Go hands-free
No need to hold the Record button when filming a video.
- When you go to take a photo or video, swipe right from “Normal” to the “Go hands-free” mode.
- You can easily record selfie videos without having to hold the phone at the same time!
What’s your story? Tag @InspirePRGroup in your Instagram Story to show us. Who knows, you might get featured on our Instagram.