5 Professional New Year’s Resolutions for a Successful 2018
It’s officially 2018, which means you’re likely working away at that long list of resolutions you’ve developed. When it comes to your career, consider adding these five recommendations for a successful year to your list!
- Don’t forget a work life balance: Working longer hours doesn’t always equate to more success in the workplace. Employees who work excessively and lack a balance with their personal lives tend to perform worse and get burnt out more easily. Be sure you’re taking time for yourself and the things that make you happy. Your career will thank you.
- Less is more when it comes to career goals: Select your top three career goals, and make them your focus in 2018. Setting a few target goals as opposed to a large list will allow you to focus more and target your efforts on what’s most important to you.
- Take advantage of professional development opportunities: It’s easy to get wrapped up in day-to-day job functions, and often personal development opportunities get looked over. In 2018, be sure to leave some time to grow professionally – whether it be attending a webinar, checking out an industry networking event or grabbing lunch with a fellow professional in your community.
- Pay attention to details: Make sure you’re putting your best work forward. Taking the time to do an extra proofread of your work, look up the correct punctuation and double check your facts will take your work to the next level, making you that much more successful.
- Don’t forget your goals: As the early months of the year pass, New Year’s resolutions sometimes do too. Don’t let this happen to you! Be sure you’re consistently revisiting your goals and doing all you can to execute them. If you start to fall behind, adjust your efforts accordingly.
What’s your 2018 career resolution? Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and let us know!
From all of us at Inspire, we wish you a happy and successful 2018!