Central Ohio Organizations Inspire Recommends Supporting During The Big Give 2020
Each year, the Columbus Foundation hosts a 25-hour online giving event called The Big Give. Through this event, the Columbus Foundation raises funding for local nonprofits, which helps to equip them with the resources they need to address challenging issues and improve and support our local communities.
From 10 a.m. on Wednesday, June 10 to 11 a.m. on Thursday, June 11, your donation to one or more of the eligible nonprofits in The Giving Store will be boosted, thanks to funds provided by the Columbus Foundation and corporate and community partners. In addition, all credit card fees will be covered by the Foundation, so 100 percent of your donations go to the nonprofit(s) of your choice.
Inspire is proud to work with and support many local organizations that are doing good here in central Ohio and who are hoping to receive funding through The Big Give to continue and expand their important work, including:
- Lutheran Social Services of Central Ohio, which serves thousands of people in need each day in 27 Ohio counties by addressing the four core societal issues of food, shelter, safety and healing. LSS Choices for Victims of Domestic Violence has been the sole resource for victims seeking shelter in Franklin County for more than four decades, and LSS Faith Mission is one of the largest homeless shelters in Columbus.
- Garrett Recovery Housing, the first recipient of Inspire’s Inspiring Good program, was founded to provide the resources, hope and love those struggling with addiction need to find a path to recovery. In addition to sober living, Garrett Recovery provides compassionate care and basic necessities through its drop-in resource center. For about 15 hours a week, the HOPE Resource Center opens its doors to women and transgenders struggling with addiction in the Hilltop.
- Ohio Restaurant Employee Relief Fund was created by The Ohio Restaurant Association Education Foundation and the Ohio Restaurant Association to activate emergency funding for personnel in the foodservice industry who have been affected by COVID-19.
- Ohio Association of Foodbanks, whose mission is to assist Ohio’s 12 Feeding America foodbanks in providing food and other resources to people in need and to pursue areas of common interest for the benefit of people in need. For more than 20 years, the Ohio Association of Foodbanks has advocated for equitable public policy at the state and federal levels to decrease hunger in Ohio, working with partners to inform policymakers, media, and other stakeholders about the issues facing low-income Ohioans.
- A Kid Again has served more than 55,000 families across Ohio, Indiana and Philadelphia since 1995. The organization’s mission is to foster hope, happiness and healing for children with life-threatening health conditions and their families. This organization works to create a communal and interactive environment for families to experience free, year-round Adventures together and to provide a sense of normalcy for families thrust into similar, challenging situations.
- Columbus Urban League strives to empower African Americans and disenfranchised groups through economic, educational and social progress. The Columbus Urban League proudly offers an authentic, integrated system of services that touch every neighborhood in Columbus and Franklin County. This work strengthens families, overcomes barriers, achieves economic mobility, fosters entrepreneurship, constructs on-ramps to wealth creation through smart financial practices, and teaches children critical academic and life skills.
- The Women’s Fund of Central Ohio is committed to igniting social change for gender equality. This powerful group sparks conversations, connects people and organizations, and influences the opportunity for economic empowerment and leadership for women and girls. The Women’s Fund also provides the research to inform and affect policy, the tools to disrupt social norms, and the grants to build capacity.
To learn more about The Big Give and contribute to causes and organizations you believe in, click here.