How Farmers & Agriculture Organizations are Celebrating the Holidays
Inspire is proud to work with farmers and food organizations across the country, who remain dedicated to producing safe, healthy food to feed families near and far, even during challenging times.
- Shop local by giving the gift of Ohio-made cheese. Did you know Ohio is the No. 1 Swiss cheese producing state? Find the best cheesy holiday gift ideas for everyone on your list—and easily ship it to friends and family. The American Dairy Association Mideast put together a fun gift guide featuring top cheesy gift ideas from Ohio cheesemakers. And don’t miss out on a chance to win Ohio cheese through entering several popup Instagram giveaways through December 18!
- America’s egg farmers, including those in Ohio, Iowa and North Carolina, are all encouraging families to give the gift of eggs this holiday season. The American Egg Board’s Gift of Eggs campaign recognizes more people will be spending the holidays at home—but they can still prepare and send gifts from the heart in the form of homemade recipes—like cookies and other treats included in the North Carolina Egg Association’s Gift of Eggs free e-cookbook. Or support local restaurants and foodservice workers by purchasing restaurant gift cards to favorite breakfast or brunch locations to give to loved ones!
- Did you know more eggs are used and consumed during the winter holiday season than any other time of year (even Easter!)? The Ohio Poultry Association, which represents Ohio’s egg, chicken and turkey farmers, is sharing its favorite holiday recipes this month, including casseroles, cookies, eggnogs and more—check out some festive recipes here!
- Ohio beef farmers are helping families celebrate this holiday season with a festive giveaway, where one lucky winner will win a beef prize pack valued at $200. Visit the Ohio Beef Council’s Facebook page to enter to win!
- Looking for a healthy, easy holiday appetizer or quick kid-approved meal? New CHEF’S CRAFT gourmet chicken from Wayne Farms is gluten-free and has zero preservatives or antibiotics. Look for Flame Grilled Chicken Breast Fillets, Grilled Chicken Breast Chunks and Breaded Chicken Breast Chunks now in the frozen section at Walmart and Food Lion stores!
This holiday season, Inspire is thankful to our nation’s farmers and food producers for working hard each day to fill our bellies and our plates.