National Donut Day Engagement Campaign
The Butler County Visitors Bureau (BCVB) promotes visitor and business travel in Butler County, Ohio. Home to a vibrant food and dining scene, one major attraction in the region is the Butler County Donut Trail. This 80-mile trail is made up 12 mom and pop donut shops that span across the county.
In 2017, BCVB challenged Inspire to raise further awareness about the trail through earned media relations before, during and after National Donut Day. BCVB challenged Inspire to:
- Pitch and secure media coverage about the trail with central Ohio, state and national influencers and media ahead of National Donut Day;
- Coordinate a donut food drop with central Ohio influencers and media on National Donut Day to raise further awareness about the trail;
- Coordinate and execute an activation event on National Donut Day to drive the public to in order to promote tourism in Butler County;
- Monitor press coverage and social media coverage before and after the event related to the Donut Trail and report results to BCVB board; and
- Raise awareness about other tourist attractions in the region, when possible.
Inspire implemented a comprehensive media relations campaign, which included identifying state and national media to engage with to promote the trail, coordinated an activation event at Columbus Commons for National Donut to promote tourism to the region with central Ohio residents, created a timeline of the execution of the activation event and a detailed list of media and influencers to deliver donuts to further promote the activation event. Inspire also coordinated and delivery of media kits to writers ahead of National Donut Day, among the items in the media kit included a press release, fact sheet and background information about the region.
- Inspire secured over 90 placements for the region related to the Butler County Donut Trail reaching more than 150 million equaling an editorial value of $4.5 million.
- Inspire partnered with over 30 Ohio bloggers and influencers who combined reached more than 500,000 followers with over 30 targeted posts about the trail on National Donut Day.
- As a result of these outreach efforts, Inspire secured placements in outlets like Country Living, 1870 Now, Adventure Mom Blog and WHAS ABC Channel 11.