Ohio Eggs 2017 Blogger Tour
Inspire worked with the Ohio Poultry Association (OPA) to organize a two-day, one-night event for Ohio-based food and family bloggers to help them learn firsthand about Ohio egg farming and egg nutrition and cooking. Eight Ohio food and lifestyle bloggers from throughout the state gathered in Columbus to attend.
During the event, the bloggers learned all about eggs—from cooking tips and hacks to egg safety to egg farming. They were led in an interactive egg cooking demonstration, learning how to cook and prepare eggs in a variety of ways. They also learned insider tips for preparing and serving eggs, as well as provided fun egg hacks.
OPA coordinated with several chefs at some of the most popular restaurants to serve egg-inspired dishes to the bloggers, and the group got to chat with chefs and as they tasted some of the best and most creative egg dishes in Columbus. The bloggers were joined by several Ohio egg farmers throughout the event, giving them the opportunity to ask questions and learn more about eggs and the process from farm to table. Two egg farmers in attendance led virtual tours of their family’s egg farms by connecting virtually with family members back on the farm. The virtual sessions allowed the bloggers to see what happens on a modern egg farm and ask questions. The egg farmers showed how generations of families work together on egg farms to produce safe, healthy eggs.
- The bloggers published eight posts about the event to a combined 14,900 readers, which received an estimated 14,400 views and 3,200 social media shares.
- During the event, the bloggers shared frequent updates across Instagram, Facebook and Twitter with their 95,000 combined followers, including:
- 40 Instagram posts and 26 Instagram Stories to 31,837 Instagram followers
- 22 Facebook posts with 23,961 Facebook fans
- 36 tweets with 36,621 Twitter followers